Monday, July 28, 2008

Free at Last

I had another difficult night, waking twice from intense migraine headaches. After settling myself and having Deb give me a gentle back rub, the throbbing in my head seemed to subside. I enjoyed a nice breakfast on our patio with Deb, as the weather was just about perfect. It may have just been a bowl of cereal but it felt like a bit of heaven to me.

By lunch time I was quite tired but fortunately none of the pain had returned. I hesitantly tried laying down on the couch and was relieved to find that there was no increase in head pain. I took a one hour nap while Deb sorted through some of our compiled mail from last week. The kids are returning home today with my parents, who will spend part of the evening with us. We'll share stories about the twins riding their new bikes and cheer on the Red Sox against the Angels on espnHD.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for my recovery from IL2 week 1. I really felt like Christ was right there at my side helping me through the headaches this morning. There is still a long road ahead for me on this treatment, but I feel to have turned onto a pleasant side street this morning.

BTW... Deb turns 30 today, so please give her a call or send her a note with birthday wishes.

Nate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate,

I know that God was with you during this difficult time. Along with a very sweet & cute blonde angel!

Give Deb a BIG birthday hug from
Carolyn & Ronnie!

Carol said...

Yeah! First week down! Keep pushing forward you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trask Family,

Nate I am glad that you are feeling better. Deb, happy birthday and enjoy this week with the kids. Call if you need anything.

You are all in our toughts and prayers, the Blaszak Family

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Nate! Hope you recovery quickly and enjoy the week with your family.